The 5G Automotive Association (5GAA) was present at CES 2019 to discuss the future of transportation through 5G – including the critical role of Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything (C-V2X) deployment.
With a roll-out planned as early as 2020, 5GAA is pushing for the Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything (C-V2X) technology.
5GAA members will highlight the achievement of significant milestones in the commercial introduction of C-V2X products, some of these are:
• 5GAA founding member Ericsson showcased its latest use of the C-V2X technology, demonstrating how the 4G/5G mobile networks will enable safety services for the connected vehicle and will be used to make self-driving cars a reality.
• Samsung and its subsidiary HARMAN also showcased their scalable 5G Telematics module designed to enable wide-scale C-V2X communications.
• Working alongside the broad automotive and telecom ecosystems, Savari, Inc. showcased its continued momentum in the development of its C-V2X real-time direct communications technology through its RSU and software stack. As an active member of the automotive association, Savari expects the 5G cellular compatible solution to bring benefits for road safety, automated driving and traffic efficiency as soon as 2020.
• Veniam and Bosch are both showcased their jointly developed all-in-one central control unit for V2X data management and communication – together, the Veniam and Bosch solution demonstrates how to move massive amounts of data to, from and between vehicles on the road.
• With a deep focus on the technology, Wistron NeWeb Corporation (WNC) showcased its 5G and C-V2X system and modular solutions designed to enable eco-system partners to promptly rollout in-vehicle and infrastructure applications.
• Continental showcased a flexible 5G hybrid platform that allows both mobile network communication and rapid and reliable direct exchange of data. Depending on regional requirements and customer preferences, the platform enables C-V2X as well as Dedicated Short Range Communication. These benefits are being realized with a first customer award for this 5G-Hybrid-V2X solution.
Source: Press Release