Automatic Labs has unveiled its new Connected Car Assistant, including an all-new install-it-yourself adapter and mobile app.
With Automatic’s easy to install adapter and app, most vehicles model year 1996 or later can be transformed into connected vehicles.
Some of the features are:
• Crash Alert: Detects when a serious collision occurs and enables responders to contact the driver, send emergency services, and contact a driver’s emergency contacts.
• Roadside assistance: Sends towing and roadside services to a driver’s location when help is needed.
• Real-time vehicle location monitoring and sharing: Shows where car is parked in a crowded lot or street, and can keep a driver connected with family while out on the road.
• Engine light diagnostics and vehicle performance monitoring: Gain insights on vehicle performance and identify issues when check engine light is on.
• Integration with smart home devices: Open garage door, adjust thermostat, turn on house lights, and more, on your way to or from home.
• Cashless toll payment processing: Powered by PayTollo, an Automatic subsidiary, pay tolls seamlessly on major toll roads and bridges in select states.
Automatic’s new service is also equipped to receive over-the-air updates, meaning the next great connected car feature can be added at any time with a quick in-app update.
Automatic Labs is a SiriusXM company that claims to turn almost any car into a connected car. By pairing Automatic’s app and in-car adapter, drivers are able to enhance their driving experience with a host of connected services. It helps customers drive safer and smarter with applications that diagnose engine trouble, detect accidents, send emergency responses when needed, and save money.
Developers can use the Automatic platform to build services and applications that use driving data with interoperable access to cars on the road.
Source: Press Release