Cohda Wireless has been selected by Bercman Technologies to provide the V2X hardware and software for its newly launched Smart Pedestrian Crosswalk solution.
Bercman Technologies is an Estonian company dedicated to developing Smart City, Smart Road and Mobility-related innovative products and services for ITS and C-ITS applications.
The Smart Pedestrian Crosswalk was created by Bercman Technologies to address a large number of road-accident fatalities involving pedestrian crosswalks.
The Smart Pedestrian Crosswalk (SPC) is a smart traffic sign, which can be used anywhere, where increased pedestrian safety and data input are required. SPC uses AI, V2X, sensor fusion and more than 30 different features to adapt to different traffic situations and weather conditions.
Some of the advantages of SPC according to the company are:
• All-in-one traffic sign with cameras & sensors
• Cheaper than traffic lights
• Communication to vehicles (V2X)
• Preventing potential accidents
• Increased accuracy
• API for data acquiring available
• Encrypted WAN data transfer
• Can be used for average speed measurements
Source: Press Release