CCC has introduced what it is claims the world’s first in-production AI solution for vehicle collision estimates.
Smart Estimate leverages CCC’s estimating logic and AI photo analytics capabilities to pre-populate an estimate with suggestions for human estimators to review, edit, and advance.
Through the process, Smart Estimate AI and human estimators learn from each other, creating fast and ever-smarter auto physical damage (APD) estimates over time.
CCC is a leading software as a service provider to the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Smart Estimate is the latest in a line-up of telematics- and AI-powered products that together deliver the first end-to-end digital claims experience for insurers and their policyholders.
It can be implemented easily by insurance customers of CCC ONE® Platform services and the guided nature of the solution enables new estimators to be trained and productive easily and quickly. Guided estimating parameters are customizable to align with individual insurer business rules.
Smart Estimate caps the industry’s only AI-guided, end-to-end digital claims experience:
• For telematics-enabled vehicles connected to the CCC ONE™ Platform, crashes can be detected instantly, alerting insurers in real time when their policyholders have experienced an accident, ending a century-old reactive process. Telematics-based crash data also offers a precise view of accident dynamics.
• Insurers can then digitally engage their policyholder through video chat and send a link for a mobile app to help drivers capture and submit accident information immediately and quickly using CCC’s Quick Estimate solution.
• CCC Smart Total Loss™ uses a single photo to help an insurer determine in real time and with a high degree of accuracy whether a vehicle is repairable or a total loss.
• The Damage Detection solution uses AI to detect vehicle damage automatically and visually depict that damage using CCC’s unique heat maps.
• Virtual Inspection makes claim assets—like AI photos and heatmaps—immediately available and easy to use resulting in fast, convenient, and highly confident desk inspections.
• CCC® Smart Audit delivers additional efficiencies by applying photo analytics and AI to flag line-level outliers and intelligently route appropriate claims for reinspection.
• Smart Estimate combines photos and AI with estimating logic to pre-populate suggestions in a baseline estimate.
Nearly 200 million automotive claims have been processed using CCC products and services, and its solutions are in use by more than 350 insurance carriers, 24,000 repair shops, OEMs, and third-party data and service providers.
Source: Press Release