New Delhi: MapmyIndia, provider of digital maps, navigation and location-based services in Indian market, in partnership with Telenav , provider of personalized navigation, has unveiled India’s first mobile app that provides house number search and navigation on iPhones. The app called “MapmyIndia Navigator” by Telenav provides high-quality, voice-guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation, moving maps and access to millions of places for easy search and discovery. All maps and places information within the app are cloud-based and always up to date.
Other features of MapmyIndia Navigator by Telenav include:
- Search places and favorites: The application has millions of places and points of interest to choose from – either by category or name – including restaurants, ATMs, hotels, hospitals and more. Users can then select and navigate to the destination chosen and save frequent destinations as favorites.
- India’s best maps: Search and navigate to house numbers in 18 cities, reach any of the 579,000 towns and villages and navigate at street-level across 1,200 cities.
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance: The application turns your iPhone into a full-fledged GPS navigator, including voice instructions for each turn, speaking street names as well in an Indian accent.
- Automatic re-routing: The application automatically generates a new route if the driver misses a turn.
- Shake-to-Go: Users can shake their phone to instantly start navigation to their home address from wherever they are.
- Speed limit alerts: On major highways, the application notifies drivers when they exceed the posted speed limit.
- Night-time mode: The application switches to night-time mode automatically, allowing for safer viewing conditions while driving at night.
Rohan Verma, Director, MapmyIndia, stated that “The exciting partnership between MapmyIndia and Telenav has resulted in India’s first app that offers house number search and navigation. Telenav’s global leadership in personalized navigation and MapmyIndia’s expertise in accurate and highly-detailed maps of India have made this possible. We’re delighted to offer this application to Indian users. Our aim is to let more and more people experience how navigation simplifies their daily lives. This launch is a continuation of our efforts to make the benefits of navigation available to a larger audience.”
Hassan Wahla, Vice President of Business Development, Telenav Inc. stated that “We are excited to be working with MapmyIndia. With the growth in smartphones and 3G data connectivity, India is a fast-growing market for mobile navigation and we believe that this navigation app is a must have on every smartphone.”