BYTON revealed new details about its first production model, the M-Byte SUV, at the CES 2019. According to the company it is designed for the future of autonomous driving. Some of the features of car are as follows:
• Shared Experience Display (SED) is one of the largest in-car displays. It displays vehicle and driving information and offers various content options in an intuitive way.
• The 7-inch Driver Tablet pioneered by BYTON will be at the center of the steering wheel just above the driver airbag, serving as one of the main interfaces for the driver to configure the vehicle and interact with the SED.
• An 8-inch BYTON Touch Pad has been added between the driver and the front passenger seats on the production model, enabling the front passenger to control the SED and enjoy the same interactive experience as the driver.
• Rear passengers have access to independent rear-seat entertainment screens that also share content with the SED.
• The front seats can be rotated inward 12 degrees, to create a space that is more convenient for passengers in the car to interact and communicate with each other when not in motion.
• The dashboard features a new wraparound design with air conditioning vents, gear selector, and other hard buttons located in the center along with a driver monitoring system to ensure safety during assisted-driving modes.
• Multiple interaction modes with the vehicle will be offered including voice control, touch control, physical buttons, and gesture control.
BYTON users will have access to BYTON Life that features advanced machine-learning capabilities that analyzes the user’s schedule, location, preferences, and application data to provide intuitive support such as scheduling reminders, online shopping tasks, remote charging management, and more.
The production version of the BYTON M-Byte is slated to debut in mid-2019, with mass-production starting at the end of the year.
Source: Press Release