Published: June 20, 2014 | United States
Ford Motor announced that customers purchasing any Ford brand vehicle equipped with navigation will get a five-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, starting with model year 2015.
Ford customers getting a five-year subscription to advanced information and entertainment services via SiriusXM, will include traffic conditions, weather, fuel prices, sports scores and movie listings
Ford drivers and passengers using SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link will have access via satellite from SiriusXM to a suite of services with features that include:
- Traffic speed: Color-coded roads on the vehicle’s navigation screen show traffic speed in major metro areas
- Accidents, construction and road closures: Receive traffic alerts, including information about accidents, disabled vehicles, construction and road closures
- Alternate route guidance and mapping: In-vehicle navigation system and detailed traffic data allow drivers to choose alternate routes and receive updated directions to avoid congested roads
- Fuel prices: Get detailed information on fuel prices and the ability to sort by lowest price, fuel type, distance or brand name
- National weather information: Receive coast-to-coast weather data including current conditions, five-day forecasts and weather maps
- Sports scores: In-game and final scores, as well as weekly game schedules, for world-class professional sports and college programs
- Movie listings: Access detailed local movie theater listings, including start times and ratings
Customers purchasing any new Ford brand vehicle equipped with satellite radio also receive a six-month subscription to SiriusXM’s All Access Package with access to SiriusXM’s premium programming lineup. This includes every NFL game, Howard Stern, every NASCAR® race, Oprah Radio® and MLB Network Radio™, plus access to SiriusXM Internet Radio on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com.
A quick view of voice activated navigation system “Sirius XM Travel Link”
Source: Sirius XM