JVC Kenwood is to introduce a pair of multimedia car audio receivers that feature wireless Android Auto connectivity at CES. Wireless Apple CarPlay already exists in the market but JVC Kenwood’s launch will be the first time we’ll see wireless Android Auto hit the road. Earlier this year at its I/O conference Google had showed off its Wi-Fi-powered Android Auto technology.
Major Exhibits by JVC Kenwood the Automotive Sector
1. Outstanding lineup of new products under the KENWOOD brand
- New high-end AV multimedia receiver featuring HD (1280×720) resolution and wide-viewing angle LCD panel and enhanced connectivity with smartphones by supporting Apple CarPlay™ and wireless connectivity for Android Auto™.
- Lineup of AV multimedia receivers compatible with DSD™ (Direct Stream Digital) files and enhanced support for high-resolution audio.
- Demonstration in a sound room offering a trial listening experience of full high-resolution systems (head unit, amplifier, and speaker system) from the eXcelon series.
- Exhibition of high-resolution dashcams with safe driving support functions capable of connecting to JVCKENWOOD’s AV multimedia receivers.
2. Outstanding lineup of new products under the JVC brand
Lineup of new receivers without disc-reading mechanism with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability and new AV receivers featuring enhanced connectivity with smartphones and equipped with a 6.8-inch LCD panel, such as Wi-Fi®-enabled receivers with wireless connectivity for Android Auto™.
3. Introducing JVCKENWOOD’s OEM business activities in the Automotive Sector
The company will present its activities in the OEM business, the priority business in the Automotive Sector, our growth driver, showcasing a demo car equipped with our exclusive products. (Automobile courtesy of Mitsubishi Motor Corporation)
- On exhibit will be the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross with a factory-installed display audio system, supporting Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ and touch pad controller (with Apple CarPlay capability) that is easy to use while driving.