April 9, 2014, United States: The new MY2015 Honda Fit in the US will offer upgraded HondaLink telematics, navigation, Siri voice control and preset texting function. Four specialty HondaLink apps provide organization and are a gateway to additional online content:
Connect App – Provides convenient access for many services including location searches, local weather, messaging, Maintenance Minder alerts, service scheduling by phone, and access to the Owners Guide. Users can tap for weather updates and store favorite destinations for quick routing with the Navigation app.
Navigation App – A cloud-based navigation app for purchase that includes 3D mapping and continuously updated traffic information. The app offers a variety of location search options including search by point of interest, text search, or previous locations. Routes can be pre-planned on a smartphone and will display on the vehicle’s touchscreen. Turn-by-turn routing guidance is available through the vehicle’s audio system as well.
Aha App – provides access to an extensive and diverse selection of audio content across multiple genres and demographics, plus featured new stations, Internet radio, podcasts, audiobooks, news, Twitter and Facebook updates and nearby location listings for restaurants, coffee houses, hotels, weather, parks, and gas stations. Users can tap to personalize stations or add favorites via smartphone or directly through the Display Audio interface.
Launcher App –Finds and organizes Honda-approved 3rd party apps so they can be quickly integrated into the Display Audio system. Approved apps can be found through the Launcher and shown on the Display Audio screen for easy access.
The connection between the system and the user’s smartphone is made through the USB interface and a new HDMI interface. For iPhone 5, 5S and 5C, a HondaLink iOS cable kit is available for purchase through Honda dealers or online at hondanavi.com. The iOS cable kit includes an Apple Lightning digital AV adapter, an Apple Lightning-to-USB cable and an appropriate-length HDMI cable (Apple-approved). Consumer information and helpful tips regarding HondaLink can be found at hondalink.com.
Operational features include:
- Phone numbers of incoming calls are displayed on the Monitor Audio or Display Audio screen
- Pressing the steering wheel-mounted “Pick up” button answers the call and mutes the audio system
- The caller is heard through the audio-system speakers
- An overhead microphone picks up the driver’s voice while minimizing background noise and echoing
- Numbers with voice tags may be stored in the system’s memory
- To make a hands-free call, the driver first activates the system using the steering wheel-mounted fingertip controls, then speaks a preset voice tag
- Numbers can also be dialed by speaking the telephone number
- Automatic import of phone book and call history
- Up to five different compatible mobile phones can be paired with the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink system