Germany: According to a recent news, BMW is upgrading its online-based in-car services by introducing some major enhancements while also making its BMW ConnectedDrive services easily accessible.
As per the source, the refocusing of BMW ConnectedDrive turns complete, intelligent connectivity between passengers, vehicle and the outside world into a reality. The key changes are listed here:
• Many BMW models are to be fitted with a built-in SIM card as standard from July 2013.
• The freedom to pick and choose mobility services ensures maximum flexibility and heralds individual, tailor-made solutions that are of unique benefit to the customer.
• The BMW ConnectedDrive Store can be accessed and used both from the vehicle and from a home PC.
• The variable running periods available for particular services, ranging from just one month to one year or longer, provide added convenience.
• New browser and BMW Apps-ready applications mean the infotainment options are virtually boundless.
• Online Entertainment offers limitless music pleasure with access to 12 million songs and over 250 professionally created channels.
• Intelligent Emergency Call system including precise vehicle location and detection of accident severity offers more extensive functionality than will be required by law from 2015.
• New ConnectedDrive services specially tailored to the demands of e?mobility and future mobility form part of the standard specification on the BMW i models.
• The BMW ConnectedDrive internet portal, the fully networked BMW i navigation system, the BMW i Remote app as well as the BMW ConnectedDrive Information Plus service are all designed to ensure a perfectly interlinked user experience.
• The BMW i ConnectedDrive services are there to assist the driver when at home and can accompany them all the way to their final destination while using further forms of transport. As such, BMW i is setting a marker for the future of mobility.