USA: Volvo has released its official telematics app for Volvo owners with recent model cars who also use Windows Phones. Starting from model year 2012, Volvo has released an app with the ability to access the vehicle from your Windows Phone. This requires that the car is equipped with a Volvo On Call Telematics unit. The Volvo V60 PLUG-IN HYBRID is not supported by the app.
If the car conforms with these requirements then the owner will be able to:
- See vehicle dashboard values, such as fuel level, trip meters, and more, in the App.
- Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
- Locate your vehicle on a map or using the vehicle signal horn and turn indicators.
- See the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
- Lock and unlock the vehicle.
- Request road side assistance from the App.
- Have an electronic driving journal, that will create trip reports for every trip made with the vehicle.