LENSEC has announced the release of next generation software, including fleet security management as a new software feature. Since 2009, LENSEC has helped security integrators serve fleet customers with legacy software. Perspective VMS® provides a hardware-agnostic version of security management using modern megapixel cameras and hardened network video recorders on board vehicles.
As an integrated security management system, Perspective VMS® acts as a common operating interface to send and receive communication between field devices in vehicles and security personnel. This integration of sub-systems allows security staff to see the entire story.
Perspective VMS® Fleet Security Management features advanced capabilities:
• GIS-Mapping for locations associated with archived recordings is provided. So, system users can monitor bus locations remotely or track location of incidents after they occur.
• Multiple Megapixel Cameras installed in crucial locations see inside or outside of the vehicle. Higher resolution video captures details missed previously.
• Integrated Vehicle Equipment Metadata is collected from brakes, bus stop arms, blinkers, speedometers, etc. The metadata displays in PVMS alongside live or recorded video.
• Built-in Cellular Communication provides remote access to users monitoring vehicle actions, and live or recorded video before the returning to the depot.
• Built-in Wi-Fi allows offload of video to the central system archives when the bus returns to the depot. Users can turn the server on or off and retrieve video from the server remotely.
Fleet Management in PVMS includes:
• Vehicle Control Page: Controls Vehicle-Installed Hardware
• Archive Browser/Viewer Page: Playback Archives and Import Videos as Vehicle Incidents
• Vehicle Incident Panel: Forensic Investigation of Imported Videos and Image Extraction
• Image Extractions Panel: View or Download Video
• Live-Map Interface: Vehicle location and metadata is displayed with a timestamp. The vehicle’s map location is displayed in real-time or an archived map location matching archived video.
Fleet Management works inside of Perspective VMS® – not as a standalone software product. LENSEC includes Fleet in Professional and Enterprise editions of PVMS for no additional licensing fee.
Source: Press Release