HERE Technologies recently announced the availability of seven of its core Location Platform Services via Microsoft Azure serverless Functions for developers to build enterprise-grade, location-aware applications, and solutions in a timely and cost-efficient way.
HERE Maps & Location Services allows developers to fast-track the development of location-centric applications, by leveraging HERE’s global map data and curated location content in combination with the readily available location services including rendering, search, routing, transit, and positioning.
The set of location-based APIs and services is available on Azure, available across more than 193 countries, and includes:
• Geocoding – High-precision mapping of geo-coordinates and addresses
• Positioning – Device tracking and positioning for indoors and outdoors, online or offline
• Fleet Telematics – Advanced algorithms for optimal truck routing and planning with a deep set of data including truck attributes (maximum height and weight clearance), toll costs, and environmental zones
• Routing – Precise instructions to a destination using various transport modes (car, truck, public transit, bicycle) and leveraging matrix and isoline algorithms
• Places – Extensive set of Points of Interest with rich attribution for 400+ categories providing real world context and relevance for a variety of use cases
• Map Tiles – Pre-rendered map tiles with different display types, such as regular map, satellite imagery and terrain
• Map Image – Pre-rendered map images already optimized for both desktop & mobile devices
With HERE Maps & Location Services, Azure developers have access to a deeper set of location-based data and algorithms as well as the flexibility to incorporate data that is unique to their organizations. This gives developers a unique opportunity to build highly contextual and engaging experiences in the areas of IoT device management, field workforce management, transportation and mobility, emergency services, infrastructure management, urban planning, fleet management, (real-time) tracking of assets, location search, and many more.
Source: Press Release