LexisNexis Risk Solutions has secured its 6th telematics and connected car-related patent. The company is known as a provider of data, analytics and technology,
The patents cover technologies developed by the business to ingest, analyse, normalise, store and distribute connected car data and now cover 60% of the world’s vehicle production.
The LexisNexis Risk Solutions patent portfolio covers a related spectrum of features including:
- Vehicle and user operational data monitoring through proprietary on-board technology in communication with users’ smartphones – connecting consumer devices with the vehicle HUD unit
- Driver identification analytics that identifies drivers using telematics data – this is used in the LexisNexis Risk Solutions Driver Signature™ technology and the aggregation of driver behaviour scores to evaluate driver safety.
- Modules for monitoring vehicle usage and vehicle sensor data
- Selective filtering of telematics data for sending to remote servers to conserve bandwidth
- Real-time vehicle operation feedback to improve safety and to help improve driving habits