Brigade Electronics has launched a new indicator warning alarm to alert vulnerable road users when a vehicle is turning. The bbs-TI, which is installed on the nearside of the vehicle, will synchronize an audible warning alarm with the indicator lights when activated, alerting vulnerable road users to a vehicle’s intention to turn.
The new vehicle safety system will harness Brigade’s existing White Sound® broadband technology, which will enable vulnerable road users to instantly locate which direction the sound is coming from. Gentler on the ear compared to traditional tonal alarms, White Sound® dissipates quickly and can only be heard in the danger zone, helping to reduce unnecessary noise disturbances.
bbs-TI’s features include:
- Visual and audible vehicle turning warning to alert vulnerable road users
- Suitable for use in multiple countries – no language barrier
- Optional muting of the alarm for night-time hours
- Option to activate the alarm below a designated speed only
- Synchronizes bbs White Sound® technology with the vehicle’s indicator flash
- Suitable for left turn or right turn installations
- Complies with regulations and legislations that require an ‘audible vehicle maneuvering warning for vulnerable road users’ when a vehicle is turning