The Cavli Wireless C10GS CAT1/4 is a cellular IoT module is the hardware module that enables various applications and utilities of the connected car. The C10GS, which is an LTE CAT compatible Smart Cellular Module based on 3GPP Release 10. C10GS uses a Dual Core ARM11 processor with a 400 MHz frequency and enables direct execution of JAVA bytecodes and SIMD DSP instructions. This processor is the heart and soul of C10GS. The integrated GNSS & eSIM, coupled with the Cavli Hubble Global Connectivity platform, ensures the module can be deployed globally, making it an ideal solution for logistics, automotive, vehicle tracking systems, and more.
By default, C10GS provides LTE CAT 1 connectivity which typically provides you with 10 MHz bandwidth and 10 Mb/s peak data rate in addition to 5 and 10 Mbps uplink and downlink speed, respectively. Cavli also provides an upgrade from LTE CAT1 to CAT 4, depending on the requirements. CAT 1 offers affordable and cost-effective solutions, while CAT 4 enables more power and performance for high-end applications. Primary services allowed for users in a connected car include entertainment, information regarding fuel efficiency, navigation and tracking, maintenance, safety, etc.
The connected car utilizes the best features of IoT in catering the best application services to each user. For commercial vehicles, trip history, fatigue calculation, vehicle condition, and performance as well. With the prediction of reaching $225.16 billion by 2027, the Connected Car market is growing exponentially. It has the potential even to cross the current forecast too. With new technologies like 5G, IoT, Smart devices, etc., manufacturers can provide consumers with better features and riding experiences. Connected cars, when incorporated with the latest technology, can be safer and eco-friendly. With touch-based consumer experience getting wider acceptance, users will control the system from their fingertips.
- The integrated GNSS & eSIM, coupled with the Cavli Hubble Global Connectivity platform, ensures the module can be deployed globally, making it an ideal solution for logistics, automotive, vehicle tracking systems, and more.
- The LTE baseband chip used for connectivity is from GCT, which provides improved connectivity with minimal interruptions. ARM11 architecture uses four MP11 CPUs with one Snoop Control Unit (SCU).
- The processor is a high-performance, low-power, cached multiprocessor that comes with full virtual memory capabilities. This processor is ideal for high-performance applications along with the LINUX kernel for controlling the hardware.
- LTE CAT 4 provides double the bandwidth and ten times the speed compared to CAT 1. This will ensure fast connectivity for various applications. They both use the same existing network, and there won’t be any extra cost to the network operator or the company.
- C10GS comes with 128 MB each for RAM and Flash memory, of which 14 MB and 66 MB respectively for any user applications.
- All types of user applications can be designed and developed using the OpenSDK platform.
- Some essential features include crash detection and roadside assistance, vehicle health diagnostics, theft-proof and alert systems.
Two-in-one Module- CAT1 and CAT4
Worldwide connectivity- GNSS, namely GPS, Beidou, IRNSS, Galileo, GLONASS
128 MB each for RAM and Flash memory
All types of user applications- OpenSDK platform.
FOTA – Firmware Over The Air Updates
Inbuilt Crash recovery
Open for future upgrades like 5G
The IoT market is making strides in every field. Automotive companies cannot ignore the growing consumer demand for smart technologies and automation. How far will Automotive OEM manufacturers be prepared to grasp the shifts within the industry? Are the manufacturers prepared to upgrade to the unrivaled IoT package offered by the Cavil Wireless- C10GS?