AT&T and HARMAN has launched advanced connected car device that can turn any car into a state-of-the-art connected car.
HARMAN Spark is exclusively offered by AT&T for $79.99. Rate plans start at just $5 per month for plans without Wi-Fi. Plans including Wi-Fi are offered as both standalone or as an addition to eligible Unlimited and Mobile Share plans. And, for a limited time, buy a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ or Note9 smartphone and Spark for just $29.99.
The app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play, plug Spark into the on-board diagnostics port (OBD II) beneath your steering wheel. And you’re ready to go.
Many new cars today come with cloud connectivity, diagnostics, security, and infotainment. But most vehicles on the road lack connectivity.
That’s why AT&T and HARMAN teamed up on this advanced platform that works with most 1996 models and newer. You get the standard features plus in-app payments, on-demand roadside assistance, driving tips and more. New features get added automatically.
HARMAN collaborated with Tantalum, an automotive software company, to enable HARMAN Spark with a rich set of features, an ecosystem of services and a payment platform.
- Emergency Crash Assistance – Contacts you in the event of a crash to see if you need help.
- Virtual Mechanic – Helps ensure your safety by alerting you if your car needs attention and provides guidance on what to do.
- WatchIt – Lets you know if your car is bumped, towed or moved when you’re not around. Helps authorities locate it if stolen.
- Roadside Assistance Manager – Drop a pin on your location and request help 24/7. Pay through the Spark app and you’ll be back on the road in no time.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – Connect up to 8 devices from the open road and keep the family happy and entertained while streaming videos and playing games.
- Geofences – Peace of mind for when your loved ones hit the road. Set boundaries on a map and view their location.
- Family share/Fleet manager – Get location of family and business vehicles and monitor vehicle health.
- ParkingReservations – No more circling and looking for a parking spot. Save time and hassles by reserving a space in advance. Pay in the Spark app.
- Driving score and tips – Driving feedback and trip analysis for whoever is behind the wheel. Helps your teen become a safer and smarter driver.
AT&T is helping to fuel business transformation through edge-to-edge capabilities.