Continuing to advance its in-vehicle technology, FCA has announced the launch of Uconnect Market, a new in-vehicle commerce platform.
The platform gives customers the opportunity to conveniently order food, find the nearest gas station, save money on fuel purchases and make dinner reservations, all from the comfort of their vehicles. It also allows Drivers to locate and pay for nearby parking and schedule service appointments at FCA US dealerships, all while in the vehicle without having to reach for a physical credit card.
The lineup of brands participating in the Uconnect Market platform at launch includes Shell, Domino’s, Park Whiz and Yelp Reservations.
Uconnect Market includes the following services:
• Wallet: When setting up a Uconnect Market account, vehicle owners can enroll a credit card for use with selected Uconnect Market partners
• Service: Consumers will have access to national Mopar service offers, the ability to locate a certified Mopar service center and schedule service appointments
• Fuel: Owners can view a list of nearby fuel stations and authorize a fuel pump charge at participating Shell stations by using Shell Pay & Save program
• Food: The platform uses Yelp to display a list of nearby restaurants by category; consumers also have the option to make reservations at participating restaurants
• Parking: Find, book and pay for parking at thousands of garages across North America through ParkWhiz, an Arrive-powered brand
Uconnect Market was developed in partnership with Seattle-based Xevo, recently acquired by Lear Corporation. The platform will deploy in the second half of 2019 via an over-the-air (OTA) update for model-year 2019 and 2020 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® and Ram brand vehicles equipped with connected services and the latest generation of 8.4-inch touchscreens, and will continue as a carryover feature for future models equipped with the 8.4-inch touchscreen.
Source: Press Release