Renesas Electronics Corporation and Green Hills Software announced their collaboration for the Renesas Connected Cockpit Vehicle developed with a Dodge Ram truck. Renesas Electronics Corporation is a supplier of advanced semiconductor solutios, and Green Hills Software is leader in high-assurance real-time operating systems and virtualization.
The Dodge Ram 1500 truck includes many new immersive technologies and integrates production-ready automotive-grade hardware, based on the Renesas R-Car H3 automotive computing system-on-chip (SoC), and Green Hills Software’s INTEGRITY RTOS and INTEGRITY Multivisor secure virtualization, and features safe and secure consolidation of ISO 26262-safety critical applications with Android infotainment and cockpit features. The R-Car H3 is part of Renesas’ open, innovative, and trusted Renesas autonomy Platform for ADAS and automated driving that delivers total end-to-end solutions scaling from cloud to sensing and vehicle control. With Renesas autonomy, Renesas aims to contribute to a safe and secure society in the autonomous driving era.
The Renesas Connected Cockpit Vehicle integrates both traditional and cutting-edge cockpit systems into a single drivable vehicle system, including:
- Software-defined radio
- Driver facial recognition and preference application
- Seamless multi-operating system (OS) display sharing integration
- Vehicle functions such as HVAC
In the Renesas Connected Cockpit Vehicle, the INTEGRITY RTOS and its Multivisor virtualization extension are the trusted foundation of the software-defined cockpit, allowing ISO 26262-certified safety-critical application code to safely and securely coexist with general-purpose code or guest operating systems with freedom from interference on a single R-Car H3 SoC:
- As a guest OS of INTEGRITY Multivisor, the Android-based center console display features touch-screen multimedia, climate control, navigation, and cloud-connected vehicle maintenance monitoring, and driver biometric profiles
- Multi-function ISO 26262-certified safety-critical instrument cluster powered by 3D GPU-accelerated OpenGL graphics, combining both INTEGRITY and guest OS content
- Safe and secure shared GPU and displays between Android apps and ISO 26262 safety-critical instrument cluster
Green Hills and Renesas will demonstrate the Connected Cockpit Vehicle at their booth at CES 2018, January 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas.