Electrify America has launched a mobile app that allows users to manage the entire charging session on their phone. The app is available for both Android and iPhone.
Electrify America app will increase convenience for electric vehicle (EV) owners by offering seamless charging experience such as:
• Locate a Charger: Find a charging station near you and get directions. The Locate a Charger feature shows the charging stations in area, how many of each type of charger are at the station, and which ones are currently available. By becoming a member of Electrify America Pass and one can see the charging status of vehicles currently using the chargers and get notified when a charger becomes available.
• Pay for a charge: Upload ones payment information into the app and pay for your charging session through your phone. You can also see prices before you charge, by selecting a station where one would like to view the charging costs.
• Track charging session: While one vehicle is charging, you can check its progress in real time. If your vehicle communicates charging information, the app will show you your battery’s current state of charge (SOC) and the time until your battery reaches “bulk” charge, typically around 80 percent SOC. You also can choose to get notifications when your charging session has started, slowed and stopped. Once your session is complete, the app will provide a receipt.
Membership: With the launch of the Electrify America app, the company is also introducing two new membership plans which will be available starting in late May and include:
• Electrify America Pass: Includes the standard per-minute cost plus a $1 session fee
• Electrify America Pass+: A subscription plan with the lowest per-minute price and a $4 monthly subscription fee. Members will receive an additional discount off of the standard pricing.
Electrify America charging is priced by the minute. The company has created an all-new pricing structure to prepare for future EVs capable of charging from 50kW up to 150kW and 350kW. Under the new Electrify America pricing structure, per-minute costs are dependent on the power level at which the car is charging and the state where the charger is located.
Source: Press Release