Mahindra compact SUV, the XUV300 has been awarded the highest 5-Star Safety Rating by Global NCAP, the company announced recently. With this global recognition, the XUV300 claims to have become the first Indian vehicle to score the highest points among all 5-Star rated cars tested so far by Global NCAP.
The XUV300 also scored a 4-Star child safety rating. It is noteworthy that side impact performance is a pre-requisite for a 5-Star safety rating, and the XUV300 side impact performance has been one of the best among all 5-star rated cars.
The car has many safety features including 7 airbags, disc brakes on all 4 wheels, front parking sensors and heated ORVMs.
Some of the safety features in the car are:
- First-in-segment 7 airbags including knee airbag, dual-front, side and curtain airbags
- First-in-segment disc brakes on all 4 wheels (Among Sub 4-metre Compact SUVs).
- First-in-segment front parking sensors
- First-in-segment heated ORVMs
- Electronic stability program with Dynamic Steering Torque, Hydraulic
- Brake Assist, Roll-over Mitigation and Traction Control, together with
- Hill Start Assist.
- ABS & EBD standard across all variants
- Front & rear fog lamps
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
- Tyre-tronics (Tyre pressure & temperature monitoring system)
- Seat belt reminder for all seats3-point seat belt on all seats
Commenting on this achievement, Rajan Wadhera, President-Automotive, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “This is a proud moment for Mahindra as the 5-Star rating reiterates our unstinted commitment towards safety. Today’s conscious buyers rate safety as a top priority while making their purchase decision and we have designed the XUV300 to be one of the safest vehicles in India. I am sure that this recognition will further spur us as well as the Indian automotive industry to achieve similar safety standards for the entire range of vehicles on Indian roads”.
Source: Press Release