Fujitsu and VMware have expanded their strategic collaboration to bring innovative IoT solutions to customers in the automobile industry. The Fujitsu OTA Reprograming Solution will be combined with VMware IoT solutions, enabling automobile manufacturers and partners to drive robust solutions in the future with connected cars and autonomous driving.
With more technologies being integrated into vehicles, it is imperative for automobile manufacturers to have the ability to quickly and easily reprogram software as required, while also being able to manage and monitor software versions individually.
To help global automobile manufacturers and their tier 1 components manufacturers, Fujitsu will team with VMware to provide a one-stop service to meet automobile manufacturers’ reliability requirements by integrating VMware IoT solutions into Fujitsu’s OTA Reprograming Solution.
Fujitsu and VMware will provide multiple technologies as part of the one-stop cloud service for connected cars, including:
- The software of ECUs in further advanced functions come from the popularization of connected cars. Fujitsu will provide its OTA Reprograming Solution, connecting with the cloud environment, and apply the delta update technology of software to efficiently manage and update essential software for connected cars.
- Fujitsu will provide security technologies mounted through the business of Fujitsu feature phones, smartphones, etc. from automobile development sites to the assembly factories and throughout the automobile’s lifecycle.
- VMware IoT solutions, with Fujitsu’s OTA Reprogramming Solution will enable automobile manufacturers to quickly provide OTA software updates as necessary to all the devices in a car.
- VMware IoT solutions can expand rapidly, providing agility for the global deployment of services and advanced security technologies for connected cars.
- Starting with developments for the automotive industry, Fujitsu and VMware will also collaborate to expand their combined offerings of differentiated services in the mobility space.