Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services Inc. and RapidSOS announced a joint effort to digitally transmit vehicle crash data to 911 immediately following a crash-related vehicle emergency.
By linking vehicle and crash data from Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services’ ACN+ (Advanced Automatic Crash Notification with enhanced services) technology with the RapidSOS emergency response data platform, 911 personnel can be notified quickly.
Data from ACN+ that can be provided, directly and securely with user consent, to 911 and first responders includes:
- Location of the incident
- Airbag deployment status
- Crash impact data: Varies by vehicle manufacturer, but common sensor data points include front, back, rear and/or multiple impacts, whether vehicle rolled over, and change in speed due to impact
- Occupancy: Number of passengers and their seating position/seat belt engagement.
- Vehicle description: Make, model, color, model year, and VIN
- Driver/passenger data: Personal information such as name and phone number
Additional data available from RapidSOS for subscribers with linked accounts:
- MedicAlert profile data: Demographics and important medical information selected by members on their MedicAlert IDs.
The Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services Response Center can also verbally relay on the scene, incident information provided by the vehicle occupants upon initial contact such as:
- Extent/nature of injuries; description of occupants (e.g. presence of infants, elderly; apparent injuries or conditions; the number of vehicles involved; the final resting position of the vehicle (e.g in middle of the road or off-road, visible from roadway); additional location details (e.g., nearby landmarks).
Built-in partnership with emergency response communities, RapidSOS’s emergency response data platform securely and automatically links life-saving data from connected devices, apps, and profiles directly to over 4,700 emergency communications centers, covering 90% of the US population nationwide. Now, cars connected with ACN+ can automatically send critical data to local 911 agencies via Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services and the RapidSOS platform.