Germany: According to a recent news, the new BMW X5 model includes a range of new driver assistance and information systems.
As in news, the innovations in the BMW ConnectedDrive range for the new X5 include:
• BMW Head-Up Display with full spectrum of colours and new display content;
• BMW Night Vision with human and animal detection and Dynamic Light Spot, Lane Change Warning, Speed Limit Info
• New BMW Parking Assistant with longitudinal and lateral guidance (expected December 2013),
• Surround View with 360-degree display,
• Driving Assistant including Lane Departure Warning, plus Collision Warning and Pedestrian Warning with braking function;
• Driving Assistant Plus additionally with Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function including braking to a standstill;
• Traffic Jam Assistant with active speed and steering angle control without driver input (expected December 2013).
As per the source, a range of mobility and internet-based services include Concierge Services, Remote Services, Intelligent Emergency Call, Real Time Traffic Information, Internet access, in-car use of Facebook and Twitter, dictation function with full speech recognition for emails, SMS and memos, online entertainment.
As in news, equipment options for the new X5 include:
• Freestanding, 10.25-inch Control Display for standard-fitted iDrive operating system;
• Touch Controller with touch-sensitive surface available with optional control of navigation system.