Innovusion, a company that works on design and development of innovative hybrid Solid State LiDAR systems for vehicle safety applications, recently announced the availability of its Cheetah system.
Cheetah system is based on its rotating polygon optical architecture. The company has melded together proprietary detector electronics, advanced optics and sophisticated software algorithms to offer a long-distance, high-resolution LiDAR.
According to the company it has the ability to provide a detection range of 200 meters on objects with 10% reflectivity and clearly detecting objects out to 280 meters, provides the best and most advanced notification available today, creating more reaction time for the vehicle to determine the best course of action resulting in optimum safety performance.
Based on its rotating polygon approach, detector electronics
Key specifications of the Cheetah system include:
- A screen resolution of 300 vertical pixels, while simultaneously maintaining a frame rate of 10Hz.
- Picture like resolution is achieved though its 0.13-degree resolution over its 40-degree vertical FOV, and 0.14-degree resolution over its 100-degree horizontal FOV.
- Efficient rotating polygon architecture, Cheetah draws under 40W, making it the most energy efficient system of any high- performance LiDAR currently available.
- Miniature and robust with the sensor head dimension measuring 112 mm (h) x 145 mm (w) x 105 mm(d), with a roadmap to substantially reduce the future footprint and formfactor.
- Applications include vehicle safety systems, autonomous vehicle systems and V2X (vehicle-to-everything) for automobiles, trucks, buses, trains and off-road vehicles. Single unit price is $35,000 for small quantities.
Source: Press Release