Kalray, a developer of processors for new intelligent systems, has announced the tape-out of MPPA3 aka Coolidge, its third generation of MPPA (Massively Parallel Processor Arrays) processor family, on TSMC 16nm FinFET process technology.
The tape-out is an important milestone for a semiconductor company, as it indicates the completion of the design phase and the beginning of the manufacturing process.
According to the company, Coolidge has been designed to address the challenges and constraints of the new generation of intelligent systems:
• High computing power with low energy consumption
• Open and easily programmable system
• Real Time data processing and deterministic behavior
• Concurrent execution of many heterogeneous critical tasks in parallel on a single chip
• Advanced security and safety mechanisms suitable for the most demanding systems, defined in collaboration with Kalray’s partners in the aerospace, defense and automotive fields
Coolidge will be delivered to Kalray customers and partners with an upgraded version of Kalray Software Development Kit, AccessCore™ including Kalray Artificial Intelligence code generation tool (KaNN) as well as reference boards.
Source: Press Release