Pioneer Corporation has announced a new company dedicated to autonomous driving business. The new company named “Pioneer Smart Sensing Innovations Corporation” came into existence through an incorporation type split to take over the business activities of Smart & Autonomous Mobility Business Group, which handles autonomous driving-related business.
The New Company aims to further promote the autonomous driving-related business of Pioneer Group with a focus on 3D-LiDAR-based sensing technologies.
The outline of the company:
• Company’s name will be Pioneer Smart Sensing Innovations Corporation
• Date of establishment: October 1, 2019
• Headquarters: 28-8, Honkomagome 2-chome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0021
• Capitals: 100 million yen (Pioneer Corporation 100%)
• Representative: Haruhiko Takagi, President
• Business domain: Planning, research, development, manufacturing, production and sale of optical equipment, electronic equipment, machinery, software and tools
Pioneer has been pursuing the development of compact, high-performance, and low-cost MEMS mirror-based 3D-LiDAR sensors towards a target of mass production from 2020 onwards. 3D-LiDAR sensors are regarded as an indispensable key device for the realization of level-three and above autonomous vehicles and for delivering high-precision object recognition and data collection. Pioneer has been offering its 2018 models since last year, and is currently developing “high-precision object recognition algorithms” and “vehicle ego-localization algorithms”, utilizing 3D-LiDAR sensors.
Source: Press Release