The Peugeot Instinct Concept car, was unveiled at Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona. The car merges cutting edge automotive technology with the Internet of Things (IoT) in a way that will redefine how we think of cars. This video shows how ARTIK Cloud powers the car’s engagement with the outside world.
- It was designed with a single watchword in mind: freedom. Freedom to choose your driving mode, freedom of movement, interconnected freedom. The concept fulfils its user’s desires and requirements.
- It is PEUGEOT’s take on the self-driving experience and encapsulates the brand’s enduring commitment to driving pleasure.
- Self-driving cars are the next automotive revolution. Every manufacturer will be offering this technology. The difference will lie in how they go about it.
- For the first time ever, a car comes with a functional on-board I.o.T platform, the SAMSUNG ARTIK Cloud connecting the car with the user’s cloud.
- The car operates in total harmony with the full range of connected devices to create a brand-new approach to mobility. The vehicle integrates the data that the user wants to share with it from their smartphone, smartwatch or home automation systems.
- It delivers an array of new uses for the home, office or leisure – you can now go about your daily routine seamlessly!
- The car offers four ways of getting around: two active driving modes (Drive Boost or Drive Relax) and two self-driving modes (Autonomous Sharp or Autonomous Soft).
- The PEUGEOT Responsive i-Cockpit reinterprets the passenger compartment to meet the needs of the self-driving vehicle. The interfaces can be configured – before, during and after use – according to the mode selected and the user’s profile.
- The driver retains control in all circumstances. In Autonomous mode, drivers can give a command or make a manoeuvre via the i-Device on the central console.