USA: TomTom has launched PRO 5150 TRUCK LIVE, with which drivers can safely navigate throughout Europe on truck-friendly routes, avoiding dimensional, weight and hazardous materials restrictions.
The PRO 5150 TRUCK LIVE also features one year’s free LIVE Services including TomTom HD Traffic which help drivers reduce travel time and avoid congestion. This makes journeys quicker and safer, improves ETA accuracy and reduces fuel consumption.
Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director at TomTom, said: “Our new PRO 5150 TRUCK LIVE enables independent truck drivers to save costs, plan their journey knowing the traffic ahead, travel fewer miles and with far less stress. It is also a future-proofed device since it includes Lifetime Maps. It can even be upgraded to form part of a sophisticated fleet management solution should drivers require this.”
The TomTom PRO 5150 TRUCK LIVE gives specially designed truck routing based truck type, load, height, weight, length, restrictions, and maximum speed. Based on these restrictions and the world’s biggest database of actual road speeds, IQ Routes, the PRO 5150 TRUCK LIVE calculates realistic arrival times and helps avoid narrow and dead-end streets, sharp turns, u-turns, low bridges or clearances, and narrow tunnels. With the TomTom PRO 5150 TRUCK LIVE drivers are less likely to get stuck, delayed or drive unnecessary distances.
Users just have to register their device online to activate their Live services
The TomTom 5150 PRO TRUCK LIVE is available at Business Solutions resellers and in selected retailers from mid-September. It can also be bought from the TomTom Web Shop priced at [€335 / £269] excluding VAT from late September.
The 5150 PRO TRUCK LIVE features:
- One year of free LIVE Services
- TomTom Places which helps drivers choose the best stops en route
- Truck-friendly routes across 45 European countries with dimensional, weight and hazardous materials restrictions across 22 of these countries
- Lifetime maps: free quarterly map updates to ensure the latest routes are available
- Free daily map updates with TomTom Map Share
- WEBFLEET ready
WORKsmart fleet management readiness
WEBFLEET compatibility means that an upgrade helps:
- Show that hours are within working time laws
- Prove performance with online reports
- Reduce paperwork by keeping an automatic, online logbook
- Improve planning efficiency by sending pre-defined routes and job details to the device