Emerging Technologies

Opsys Tech to display LiDAR-integrated intelligent automotive taillight solution at CES 2023

Opsys Tech announced that it will display a LiDAR-integrated smart taillight solution co-developed with SL Corp., a South Korea-based auto parts supplier at CES 2023. This smart lighting solution with integrated Opsys Tech LiDAR is targeted for production cars as early as 2025. SL Corp. is a global supplier to several major automakers.

“This successful co-development with world leading auto parts supplier SL Corp. validates that Opsys LiDAR meets all technical requirements necessary to enable integrated LiDAR smart lighting solutions,” said Opsys Tech CEO Rafi Harel. “It represents a strong recognition that Opsys Tech True Solid-State Scanning LiDAR is superior to other LiDAR technologies and significantly increase vehicle safety while maximizing installation flexibility. We look forward to continuing our close collaboration with SL Corp., including LiDAR integration into headlights and smart-lighting solutions in the cabin interior.”

“SL has successfully completed the verification of smart taillights with integrated Opsys LiDAR for autonomous parking and safety enhancement, plus elimination of blind spots behind the vehicle,” said Wanseok Kim, Senior Researcher of R&D at SL Corp. “SL is currently also developing a high-performance LiDAR-integrated smart headlight solution with Opsys LiDAR, which will improve autonomous driving. This advanced integration will enable SL to offer a complete autonomous-driving solution for mass production vehicles.”

Automakers are pursuing various use cases and installation flexibility of LiDAR solutions to increase vehicle safety with enhanced advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) to reduce accidents and for advanced L3/L4/L5 autonomous driving applications. Other near-term sensor integration may occur in headlights, windshields, grilles, and roof locations.

Opsys Tech Scanning LiDAR:

  • Has absolutely no moving parts
  • Enables best-in-class resolution and scanning rate while delivering best value
  • Delivers above 90% probability of detection at 200-meters range for 10% reflectivity
  • Delivers all “specs all the time” across the full field of view
Back to top button