The “Cellular M2M Market by Service (Connectivity, Professional, and Managed), Application (Asset Tracking and Monitoring, Predictive Maintenance, Telemedicine, and Fleet Management), End User, Organization Size, and Region – Global Forecast to 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Cellular M2M Market Size is Projected to Grow from USD 8.3 Billion in 2020 to USD 21.0 Billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 20.4%
The cellular M2M market is gaining traction due to the growth in the adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) in most of the enterprises across the industry verticals. There has been an increasing need among SMEs and large enterprises to manage and optimize their business processes using cellular M2M applications. However, increasing concern of data privacy and security may act as a restraining factor for the growth the market.
Predictive maintenance application segment to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
With the help of M2M, various organizations are making the use of predictive maintenance across verticals, such as healthcare, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and energy and utilities. Predictive maintenance is a system developed to predict when a machine or device could potentially require repairs due to a failure. This offers numerous benefits, such as the reduction in maintenance costs, the elimination of breakdowns, the reduction in process downtime, and the increase in production.
Transportation and Logistics segment to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The transformation of the transportation and logistics industry is significant with the adoption of cellular M2M services and solutions at a global scale. Due to rapid digitalization, there are many key players along the value chain which can exchange information through M2M technology and enhance productivity. The digital transformation of small scale enterprises is also expanding their geographic reach helping to grow in the highly competitive industry. Use of connectivity is now considered to be necessary for an organization’s long-term sustainability.
Asia Pacific (APAC) region to record the highest growing region in the Cellular M2M market
APAC has several growing economies, such as China and Japan, which are expected to register high growth in the cellular M2M market. These countries have always supported and promoted industrial and technological growth. In addition, they possess a developed technological infrastructure, which is promoting the adoption of cellular M2M solutions across all industry verticals. The cellular M2M market in APAC is driven by the growing acceptance of cloud-based solutions, emerging technologies such as the IoT, and big data analytics and mobility. APAC is one of the biggest markets for connected devices.
- Growing Adoption of High-Speed Internet and Connectivity Technologies, Such as 4G and 5G
- Significant Cost Reduction of Connectivity Applications Enabling an Increase in the Adoption of Connected Devices and Services
- Increasing Software Application Integration in Devices for Improving Performance
- Increasing Demand for Remote Monitoring of the Devices for Cost-Effectiveness
- High Growth of Government Regulations in the Telecom and Communications Sector
- Increasing Concerns About Data Privacy and Security
- Increasing Adoption of Technologies, Such as Big Data and Analytics
- Growing Impetus to Iot
- Increasing Security Threats due to Cloud and Mobile Technologies
- Increasing Growth in Data Traffic
Case Study Analysis
- Manufacturing: Use Case 1 – Vodafone Helped Atlas Copco Boost Product Development and Customer Support
- Food and Beverages: Use Case 2 – Telefonica Helped Nestle Offer Iot-Controlled Coffee Machines
- Healthcare: Use Case 3 – At&T Helped Irisvision Provide Ongoing Support, Updates, and Releases to Its Customers in Near-Real Time
- Energy and Utilities: Use Case 4 – Aeris Helped Bluenrgy Empower Secure Cellular Connectivity
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Service Organization Control 2
- Communications Decency Act
- Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act
- A1 Digital
- Arm Holdings
- China Mobile
- Cubic Telecom
- Deutsche Telekom
- Kore Wireless
- Orange S.A.
- Rogers Communications
- Sk Telecom
- T-Mobile, US
- Telenor Connexion
- Thales Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/rjn7jt