Daimler AG and Infosys announced a long-term strategic partnership for a technology-driven IT infrastructure transformation. Daimler AG will transform its IT operating model and infrastructure landscape across workplace services, service desk, data center, networks, and SAP Basis together with Infosys. The partnership will enable the company to deepen its focus on software engineering and to establish a fully scalable on‑demand digital IT infrastructure and anytime-anywhere workplace. The collaboration will empower Daimler to strengthen its IT capabilities, and Infosys, its automotive expertise.
Some of the key deliverables from this partnership include:
- A smart hybrid cloud, leveraging Infosys Cobalt and leading cloud providers, accelerating the multi-cloud journey with a focus on open source adoption
- A carbon-neutral solution, by consolidating and rationalizing data centers across all regions
- Standardized technology stack by bringing in an eco-system of best of breed partners
- Creation of a state of the art Zero Trust network with seamless technology upgrades
- Persona-driven and cognitive, AI-powered anytime-anywhere workplace solution that empowers the end-users
As a part of this partnership, automotive IT infrastructure experts based out of Germany, wider Europe, the U.S. and the APAC region will transition from Daimler AG to Infosys. The transfer will also enable Infosys to bolster and grow its automotive business while offering employees strong prospects for long-term career growth and development.