Geotab introduced the availability of its new GO9+ telematics solution, which now includes Wi-Fi connectivity.
The new GO9+ is made upon Geotab’s GO9 device. Released in 2019, this device was designed to assist businesses better manage their fleets through improved acceleration tracking, a more accurate GPS, and better support for vehicle-generated data and for new vehicle types. The newly added connectivity of GO9+ will allow businesses full visibility of their vehicles in real-time, also as offering Wi-Fi connectivity for up to four hours with the ignition off, thereby eliminating wasted fuel and greenhouse emmission generated when idling for WiFi access.
- Field workers can safely receive work orders, email and other correspondence while within the field — without the need to leave their vehicles
- Ideal solution for ride sharing, buses and limousines to offer customers the power to stream music, work on a project or connect with others effortlessly while they ride to their destination
- Continuous Wi-Fi signal for up to four hours even when the vehicle is off
- Long-haul drivers can take advantage of high-speed wireless connectivity while in their truck cabs off hours — without the need to tap personal cellular data plans
- Ideal for fleets that require to upgrade their devices in advance of the 3G shutdown and subsequent device migration coming in 2022
The GO9+ will first be available in the United States. The telematics solution is expected to roll out in other regions in 2021.