Gotion and InoBat to jointly develop giga factory for EV batteries
40 GWh EV battery cells factory likely to be setup in Central or Eastern Europe
Battery manufacturers InoBat and Gotion High-Tech have agreed on a battery production cooperation. The two companies signed an MoU to examine the construction of a joint battery factory. This factory would have an annual production capacity of 40 GWh for battery cells and packs for use in electric vehicles. The partners would preferably build the battery factory in Central or Eastern Europe. Technical cooperation for LFP and NMC batteries is also under consideration.
Gotion and InoBat will look at ways to work together on several key common topics of interest, such as:
- co-development of a JV gigafactory with cell and pack production capacity of 40 GWh to support EV applications, with the CEE region being one of the regions under consideration
- technical cooperation based on both sides’ respective advantages of LFP and NMC batteries
- co-develop the potential for ESS battery production at existing InoBat premises in Slovakia allowing fast access to the European market
- technology and commercial partnership in facility operations
- investigation of recycling concepts for production scrap and end of life batteries
Through the cooperation following the MoU, InoBat benefit from Gotion’s expertise in electric storage solutions whilst Gotion will benefit from InoBat’s existing manufacturing sites and expansive market connections in Europe to facilitate Gotion’s internationalization. By working together in mutually beneficial areas, both companies aim to devise new and exciting technologies to accelerate the global charge towards a green energy future.