Global Traffic Technologies, LLC (GTT) announces the launch of its smart city platform for mobility management, Opticom 360. The platform uses the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to supply an integrated suite of fleet management applications, including vehicle location, driver performance and a number of options to reinforce efficiency and safety, including traffic signal priority control.
Opticom 360 is made on the latest cloud technology stack, leveraging second by second GPS data, video data, and traffic light priority data, to simplify smart city operations and supply holistic situational awareness. The underlying AI engine can run through multiple terabytes of data instantaneously to supply analytics, alerts and actionable insights. The platform can easily integrate with other city infrastructure and mobile assets to shape cities’ connected futures.
Key features of the Opticom 360 platform are:
- Core fleet management functions – End-to-end fleet management, with functions that increase driver and fleet safety, optimize maintenance and compliance processes, increase fuel efficiencies, ensure proper vehicle usage and reduce administration time by eliminating paper processes
- Vehicle and driver management – Real-time and historical vehicle and driver monitoring, fleet performance analytics and driver reporting, for optimization of fleet operations
- Preemption – Ability for emergency vehicles to request a green light for up to 25% faster response and up to 70% fewer intersection crashes
- Priority – Reduction of time period for non-emergency municipal vehicles and/or transit vehicles by enabling the power to request a longer green or a shorter (opposing) red light, while minimizing disruption to traffic
- Integrated solution – Consolidated, cloud-based view of the whole fleet’s operations, enabling comprehensive mobility management
Together, GTT and Teletrac Navman are bringing forth quite eighty years of experience to optimize operations, increase efficiencies, collect intelligent data insights, optimize vehicle maintenance and reduce total cost of vehicle ownership, additionally to providing priority control for municipal vehicles, all of which may play a role in saving taxpayer money and more importantly, saving lives.