General Motors announced the launch of Maps+, an in-vehicle, app-based navigation syatem, upgrading capabilities for select model year 2018 and newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac vehicles by the end of 2021. Maps+, powered by Mapbox, is expected to begin its rollout to approximately 900,000 vehicles on April 30, as part of select Connected Services plans.
Maps+ features include:
- Voice command activation for new destinations and directions with Alexa Built-In
- One simple interface for vehicle navigation and music and podcast selection
- Management of favorite locations and points of interest
- Predictive keyboard entry when searching for locations
- Modern map designs with day and night modes
- Shortcuts for search categories, such as coffee, food, fuel, parking, recent spots, and favorites
Contextually Relevant Services
- Routing based on real-time traffic and daily updating map data
- Speed limit and road hazard alerts
- Routing to nearby stations if vehicle is low on fuel
- Notifications and alerts about faster routes
Maps+ will be available on select vehicles through Connected Vehicle, Premium, and App Access subscription plans.