Otonomo Technologies, Ltd, the leading vehicle data platform provider, announced the signature of an agreement with Mercedes-Benz Connectivity Services, a subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG. Otonomo will make available fleet data across 25 countries throughout Europe to fleet management companies and operators, such as delivery companies, service providers, car rental companies and others, so that they can gain instant access to connected vehicle data and improve their productivity and reduce expenses.
Powering Fleet Optimization with High Quality, Rich Data Marked by its High Frequency, and Low Latency
Otonomo Vehicle Data Platform cleanses, harmonizes, and secures vehicle data and makes it readily accessible through Otonomo’s straightforward API and user-friendly platform.
Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and light commercial vehicles employ multiple vehicular sensors, processors, and high-speed data communication frameworks to deliver comprehensive vehicle data. The dozens of vehicle attributes provided include, but are not limited to position data, maintenance data, vehicle status, warnings, ignition state, fuel level, tires, door and window status, and electric and hybrid parameters. Thereby, data protection is always given the highest priority between Mercedes-Benz Connectivity Services GmbH and Otonomo by the implementation of certain mechanisms and processes to protect the customer’s privacy.
“We are proud to be collaborating with Mercedes-Benz Connectivity Services.”, said Ben Volkow, CEO and Founder, Otonomo, “We look forward to fleets across Europe utilizing vehicle data from Otonomo to drive in reduced IT complexity, safer driving, smarter routing and fuel savings for fleets across Europe.”
Taking fleet performance to the next level
Fleets can utilize the Otonomo vehicle data to perform the following:
- Track the location of fleet vehicles in real time to optimize routes and save fuel expenses
- Maintain automated logbooks to provide effortless reporting and ensure compliance
- Monitor vehicle health in real time to prevent vehicle breakdown
- Keep track of vehicle health to increase safety
- Trace excessive vehicle idling to cut fuel and maintenance costs
- Optimize service times and enabling predictive maintenance
- Calculate optimal defleeting
- Fuelling and charging management to reduce costs and fight fraud and theft
- EV route planning to reduce range anxiety
- Monitor vehicle usage to detect theft or unauthorized vehicle use
- And much more